Saturday, August 3, 2019

#RPGaDAY 2019 - DAY 3: ENGAGE

Some of the old Wizards of the Coast Star Wars minis
Awesome custom dice with the Autocratik logo provided by Chimeric Designs
Day three of #RPGaDAY 2019 is "ENGAGE" - I don't know about you but when anyone says Engage I don't think of how I can engage with other players, or engage with people online. All I think of is Star Trek.

See, despite me being exposed to Star Wars at a very young age, I don't discriminate between my "Stars" - I love Star Wars, and I love Star Trek. But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

What I wanted to say for today is "Reach for the Stars".

Basically, many years ago I posted a video about small books, inspired by Traveller, and posted some ideas about how I'd tackle creating a new Star Trek RPG - this was before the awesome Star Trek Discovery aired, and I was watching the 2009 movie at every opportunity.


I mocked up some books, made a video, and thought nothing more of it.

But that video did get seen. It got noticed, and months after posting the video I was talking to the awesome people at Modiphius and became the line developer (albeit for a brief time) for their RPG Star Trek Adventures.

So if you have dreams, ideas and hopes, post about them and you never know what may happen.

I'm still hoping someone reads my many posts about Harry Potter and calls me up to offer me the chance to design an RPG...

We can hope.

Until then, be sure to ENGAGE!!

No comments: