Friday, August 10, 2018

#RPGaDAY2018 - DAY 10: How has gaming changed you?


Day ten of #RPGaDAY2018 asks "How has gaming changed you?"

Blimey. Don't hold back at all with the questions, will you?

Well, if I hadn't been playing tabletop RPGs I wouldn't have as many friends as I do now. I'd have had my "best friends" that I had at school, who used to hang out and play video games, but I don't think our little circle would have been as close without sharing the epic stories of battle that bond a group together like playing D&D.

And, as I've mentioned before, I got my first job thanks to roleplaying. Sure it was working for Nature Conservation for the county council, doing their cartography. But the boss at the interview said it was down to me and one other chap, and I tipped the balance because he knew I roleplayed - which meant I could problem solve, think outside of the box, and work in a team.

So without tabletop games, I'd have probably been unemployed, have very few friends, but unimaginative and uncreative. I wouldn't have had the group of friends whose adventures in games inspired me to try drawing comics of their exploits, so I would never have tried to draw comics, so I would never have gone into comic publishing for a short while.

Which would have meant I would never have gone to University to study illustration/animation. I'd have not met my wife who I met through playing Vampire at that Uni...

I have no idea what I would be without gaming!!


No comments: