Saturday, August 6, 2016

#RPGaDAY 2016 - Day Six: Most amazing thing a game group did for their community.

Clipping from the local paper in the late 80's. Names have been removed just in case anyone doesn't
want to be associated with me. I'm at the back on the right, grinning like a loon.
I'm taking the question as referring to a game group I've been in rather than one anywhere in the world who have done far more than our tiny effort, but it was quite an effort none-the-less.

I've written about it before on my blog, but back in the late 80's my little game group decided to play a marathon session of multiple games for 90 hours, sponsored to raise money for the local church roof. I know, D&D in the 80's raising money for a church?

Anyway, check out my earlier blog post as part of my "Roll Your Own Life" series to hear tales of muscle cramps, hallucinations, and strange visitors.

We may have only raised £150, but in converted to today's money, that's about £300, which isn't bad for sitting on our butts eating junk food for five days...

Until tomorrow, stay multi-classy and keep good friends.

No comments: