Sunday, August 4, 2019

#RPGaDAY 2019 - DAY 4: "SHARE"

Lando!! Very cool custom Autocratik dice by www.chimericdesigns.co.uk 
Day four of #RPGaDAY 2019 is "SHARE". I've been talking for months, years in fact, about what I've been working on - what I hope to work on, and any projects that are underway. But when it comes to actually showing off the actual project - the words on the page, so to speak, I get a little protective and reluctant... What if it's awful? What if no one likes it?

I have to keep reminding myself of David Lynch. Did he care what people thought of the Twin Peaks revival? No - he made what he wanted to, told the story he wanted to tell. I loved it, but it was certainly experimental.

Last year, for Dragonmeet, I created a pitch for my ongoing project - WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming) - the tabletop RPG of dreamshare and weird dreaming. I wanted to explain what I hoped to achieve with it, and how it was written. I made a 40-page book: part pitch, part example, and had just three copies printed with a lovely hardback cover, so I could give copies to publishers I thought may be able to help.

I've put photos of the finished thing online, but none of it has really been readable. So, for day four of #RPGaDAY - the day of SHARE. I thought I'd share a couple of pages.

Please bear in mind that the final game may be completely different, but it'll give you an insight into the way my brain is working at the moment.

The first page of Chapter Two. Click to enlarge.
The second page of Chapter Two. Click to enlarge.
Both are copyright (c)2019 David F. Chapman, and both may change dramatically. They haven't been edited or properly laid out, but it gives an impression of what I had in mind.

Who knows, maybe I'll get back to WILD very soon.

Enjoy!

No comments: