Saturday, August 11, 2018

#RPGaDAY2018 - DAY 11: WILDest Character Name


It's day eleven of #RPGaDAY2018 - and it's what I call "WILD Weekend" - yes, it's a shameless idea, but hell... why not? The question is "Wildest character name"...

I think most of my characters have had pretty normal names. In my youth I had very little imagination so a lot of my characters had names from movies and TV series. I remember both George McFly and "Wild Bill" Kelso were characters in various Call of Cthulhu games.

Names are always the hardest bit for me when it comes to characters.

Not very "wild" were they?

I remember a couple of character names from my old gaming group - especially Jock Duckbar-McClan-Fagwaters, and Squidroon Dirk.

Maybe it's a maturing of my gaming style but I find the hilarious and silly names of my youth destroy the suspension of disbelief and take you out of the "gaming moment".

I'd be interested to see what everyone else comes up with for this one!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: