Monday, July 30, 2018

#RPGaDAY2018 - Starting in a few days!!

It's nearly the end of July, and looming ever closer is this year's RPGaDAY. Thank you to everyone who has already downloaded the graphic, started recording podcasts, vlogs and blogs in preparation for the annual celebration of everything positive about tabletop roleplaying games.


First of all, a little disclaimer.

Many things have been whittling away at my head for many, many months now, and it has become obvious to me, and probably to a lot of the people I work with, that there's something wrong. I have no attention span, I'm tired all the time, bored by everything, and have sudden outbursts of bad temper or melancholy. I had a realisation that what I really need to be doing is addressing this and sorting out what's wrong, and getting my head in gear.

I realised that the best thing for me to do is to get off the internet and sort things out. Of course, I realised this in the week building up to an intensive month of posting stuff on the internet - so my timing isn't great with that. When is it ever?

So, I've decided I'm not going to do the daily videos. They take a lot of time to prepare and edit, and let's face it - you don't really want to be staring at my bald and ageing head every day. I know very few people who have the endurance for that. And I don't want to do live vids because I'll only babble on and not know when to stop. Remember I said editing?

If I get the chance, I may record some weekly summaries, but I'm certainly going to be joining in with #RPGaDAY, but only in blog form. Hopefully this will put over all of the information, all of the positivity, and all of the fun of RPGaDAY, without uploading videos to Youtube that (let's face it) no one was really watching anyway.

Also, by stepping further back from RPGaDAY, it brings forward the cool people who volunteered to define the questions this year. I don't want to put up a post that's me grinning like a loon for ten minutes and detract you from looking at the content that I'm hosting here, or directing you to, produced by the lovely people who have stepped up to the plate and got involved. They deserve far more attention than I do.

Once #RPGaDAY is over this year, I'm planning on taking a break from the interwebs completely - I'll still be on there. I'm not deleting my accounts or anything like that, so you can still reach me via the usual means. But I'm going to diminish, and go into the west... until I'm feeling more like myself.

So, without further ado. I'll repost the graphics you will need to join in. It's going to be great. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your responses to this year's questions, and once again, thank you everyone for joining in. Seeing all of this positivity is just what I need right now.



For translations and plain text versions, check out the previous post here.

No comments: