Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mornings are for Coffee and Contemplation...

It's been a while since I posted on here, and there's been a good reason. I've been writing! Hurrah!

No, it wasn't NaNoWriMo. It was a bit weird. I was in that limbo that I mentioned a couple of posts ago, wanting to do something and feeling a bit lost, and before you know it, I'd been given a quick gig.

I can't say much, except it's under the working title of "The Spirit of Manhattan" and is really is a blast to do. It's only short, though I do seem to be dragging it out a bit (always the way this time of year with the dayjob and family matters) but it is a really cool bit of gaming archaeology for me. Digging back to my gaming roots, so to speak.

There will be more info soon, once it's a bit more complete and it's properly announced.

Typically, it has sparked off lots of creative thoughts about WILD, and I'm really looking forward to getting back to it.

After that post I mentioned, where I was desperately clamouring to work on those licenses, I had a moment of clarity. It snuck up on me, but I was watching "The Conjuring" (of all things) and I suddenly thought of how it would work with WILD.

And then I thought about Stranger Things, how I was complaining that there should be an RPG of Stranger Things, and I realised... it works with WILD.

And I thought about Twin Peaks (God, I love Twin Peaks), and how I wanted a Twin Peaks RPG, and I knew, deep down, that it was easily compatible with WILD.

I realised, that I should stop worrying and just get on with WILD.

So that's what I'll be doing. I'm going to finish "The Spirit of Manhattan" (hopefully this year) and then in the new year, unless someone hands me the keys to a cool license, I'm going to get back to WILD.

I'll hope to post again before the end of the year, but in the meantime, hug your loved ones, stay safe, and stay multiclassy.

No comments: